The DMC-C-DSP is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DM 8G+®input, with complementaryHDMI® pass-through and analog audio outputs. The DM 8G+ input enables the connection of a DM 8G+transmitter, the output of another DM® switcher, or an HDBaseT® certified source, using a single CAT type twisted pair cable. Power over DM (PoDM) is supplied through the same connection, providing a centralized power source for PoDM compatible transmitters.
The DMC-C-DSP provides all the features of the DMC-C with the addition of downmixing to enable the simultaneous distribution of multichannel 7.1 surround sound and 2-channel stereo signals. It is recommended for use with surround sound sources to allow the original multichannel signal to be distributed to rooms with surround sound systems, while simultaneously distributing a 2-channel downmix signal to stereo-only rooms and devices.
NOTE: Refer to model DMC-4K-C-DSP for applications requiring support for higher resolutions up to 4K.
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over low-cost twistedpair copper wire. DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM 8G® Cable or CAT5e.
Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. An HDBaseT compliant device can be connected directly to the DM 8G+ input on the DMC-C-DSPwithout requiring a DM transmitter.
Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
Audio Extracting and Downmixing
The DMC-C-DSP also includes an unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digi
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single DM 8G+® input
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e 
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Includes an HDMI® output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Built-in downmixing enables simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals
- Provides up to 100 ms delay adjustment of the downmix signal
- Supports PoDM and PoH
- Occupies a single DM® switcher input card slot
- Provides a rack-mountable DM 8G+ receiver solution using the optional DMCI card interface