The DMC-C is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DM 8G+®input, with complementaryHDMI® pass-through and analog audio outputs. The DM 8G+input enables the connection of a DM 8G+transmitter, the output of another DM® switcher, or an HDBaseT® certified source, using a single CAT type twisted pair cable. Power over DM (PoDM) is supplied throughthe same connection, providing a centralized power source for PoDM compatible transmitters.
NOTE: Refer to model DMC-C-DSP for use with surround sound sources.Refer to models DMC-4K-C and DMC-4K-C-DSP for applications requiring support for higher resolutions up to 4K.
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over low-cost twistedpair copper wire. DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM 8G® Cable or CAT5e.
Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. An HDBaseT compliant device can be connected directly to the DM 8G+ input on the DMC-C without requiring a DM transmitter.
Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
The DMC-C also includes an unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital input and fed to a multiroom audio distribution system. The output volume is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
NOTE: For applications requiring the simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals, use model DMC-C-DSP.
Power over DM®
Power over DM (PoDM) and Power over HDBaseT (PoH) can be supplied through the DMC-C via its DM 8G+ input port to power a compatible DM 8G+ transmitter or HDBaseT device. To enable PoDM or PoH, simply connect a PoDM Power Supply (model DM-PSU-8 or DM-PSU-16) to the POE IN port on the input card. As an alternative to a PoDM Power Supply, a Crestron PoE switch, PoE injector, or other 802.3af or 802.3at compliant PoE PSE may be used.
Standalone DM 8G+ Receiver
In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-C may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface to provide a DM 8G+ receiver solution that's perfect for installation in an equipment rack or AV cart, or as a portable display interface.
- DigitalMedia 8G+®receiver, 4K/60scaler,audio extractor, and display controller
- Connects to a DM® switcher or transmitter over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides one HDMI® or DVI display output
- Upscales the input signal to match the native resolution of any screen — including 4K and Ultra HD displays!
- Downscales 4K, UHD, and ultra high-resolution computer signals to enable viewing on 1080p and other lower-resolution displays
- Handles any inputresolution from standard NTSC 480i or PAL 576i, to UHD and 4K
- Provides intelligent frame rate conversion
- Includes content-adaptive noise reduction
- Includesmotion-adaptive de-interlacing
- Allows adjustable overscan or underscan up to 7.5%
- Automatically passes 3D video without scaling to 3D capable displays
- Supports up to 8x8 video wall processing
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCMaudio
- Provides a balanced stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control