The DM-TX-201-C provides an interface for computers and high-definition AV sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design makes it ideal for installation beneath a conference table, inside a lectern or equipment rack, or at virtually any other location in a boardroom, classroom, auditorium, or residence. It functions as a DM 8G+® transmitter and switcher, providing HDMI®, VGA, and analog audio inputs along with Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, allowing it to be connected directly to the input of an HDBaseT certified display device. It connects to the head end or display location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable.
As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DMis called DigitalMedia 8G™ (DM 8G®). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twistedpair or fiber optic cable.
DM 8G over twisted pair copper wire is called DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+). DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM 8G Cable or CAT5e.
Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ output, the DM-TX-201-C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant device without requiring a DM receiver.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 2x1 AV switcher with auto-switching and analog audio-breakaway
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology achieves fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides HDMI®and RGB/component video inputs
- Also supports DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles Dolby Digital®, DTS®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Includes an unbalanced stereo analog line-level audio input
- Allows embedding of stereo 2-channel analog audio signals
- Includes a local HDMI output
- HDCP compliant
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local computer
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Compatible with Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddies
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Low-profile surface-mount design
- Powered viathe DM connection or local power pack (included)