DigitalMedia isn't just for large, expensive homes and facilities. The DM-MD6X6 DigitalMedia Distribution Center provides a very simple and cost-effective solution for distributing multiple high-definition sources to up to six rooms as part of a complete Crestron system. Featuring DigitalMedia 8G+ technology, the DM-MD6X6 delivers ultra-reliable, ultra high-bandwidth signal routing over inexpensive CAT5e wiring. Everything about the DM-MD6X6 is engineered to deliver a transparent user experience and the highest performance.
HD Matrix Switcher:
The DM-MD6X6 provides six HDMI inputs to handle HDTV receivers, DVD or Blu-ray Disc players, media servers, computers, and other HD digital sources. Outputs include one HDMI and five DigitalMedia ports, furnishing simple one-wire connectivity for a local display or audio processor, and five additional displays anywhere in the house. QuickSwitch HD matrix switching allows any display to view any source at any time.
Crestron exclusive DM 8G+ technology affords the ultimate in simplicity, providing a true one-wire interface for distributing high-definition video, audio, and control signals to multiple displays throughout a residence or commercial structure. Simply connect a DM 8G+ receiver at each flat-panel display or projector for a complete AV and control interface. Just one CAT5e wire run to each receiver transports pure, uncompressed HD video, 7.1 surround sound audio, 10/100 Ethernet, and control signals for a fully integrated media system with minimal wiring. DM 8G+ allows for wire runs up to 330 feet (100 meters) using CAT5e or Crestron DigitalMedia 8G Cable.
Handling high-definition digital media means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme that content providers use to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires the source device to "authenticate" each display in the system and issue it a "key" before the content can be viewed. Ordinarily this causes a complete loss of signal for up to 15 seconds each time a new source or display is selected anywhere in the system. To make matters worse, every source device has a limited number of keys available, so connect too many displays and the source will simply stop outputting a signal without warning. ...
- Provides a low-cost, high-performance multiroom HD AV signal routing solution
- Distributes uncompressed digital video and audio over CAT5e twisted-pair wire
- Affords a true one-wire solution using DigitalMedia 8G+™ technology
- Features independently-switchable DM 8G+™ outputs for 5 remote displays
- Allows up to 330 ft (100 m) wire distance to each display
- Includes one HDMI® output for a local display or audio processor
- Provides inputs for 6 HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort Multimode sources
- Supports Deep Color, 3D, and 7.1 channel HD lossless audio
- Supports video resolutions up to WUXGA 1920x1200 and HD 1080p60
- QuickSwitch HD® technology manages HDCP keys for reliable, low-latency switching
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Allows independent scaling for every display through select DM receivers[2,3]
- Enables USB HID mouse and keyboard signal extension
- Includes integrated Ethernet switch
- Provides Power over DM® for PoDM compatible receivers
- Provides easy setup and diagnostics tools via front panel or software
- Includes built-in universal power supply
- Allows native Crestron system integration via Ethernet
- Standard component width or 2-space rack-mountable