The VP1421 is a multi-in-one presentation switch that integrates a video matrix, True 4K scaler, HDBaseT extender, audio DSP, and analog-to-digital converter functions into a single compact enclosure, ideal for meeting rooms and educational spaces.
True 4K, HDR Visual Clarity:
Supports resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz (4:4:4) and HDR to deliver vivid content in every presentation.
Smooth AV Switching Scaled to Perfection:
Connect up to 4 sources (1 HDBaseT, 2 HDMI, 1 VGA), smoothly switch between them and display contents scaled perfectly to True 4K and 1080p simultaneously.
HDBaseT Extended Transmission over One Cable:
Simplifies cabling and transmits AV, power, and bi-directional RS-232 and IR control signals up to 140m via Cat 6/6a or ATEN 2L-2910 Cat 6 cables (applying both HDBaseT input and output ports).
Built-in Advanced Audio DSP:
Supports microphone input with selectable 48V Phantom Power and allows microphone input to be mixed with program audio and embedded into display output while automatically reducing program audio to enhance speech audibility.
Flexible Audio Embedding/De-Embedding:
Supports stereo audio embedding into HDMI output or separation to Audio Line Out and Optical Audio Out. Extract HDMI and HDBaseT audio to different audio outputs as well to ease adaptation to you preferred audio setup.
Versatile Control, Streamlined Operations:
Control via front-panel pushbuttons, IR remote, web-based GUI and any control interface via RS-232, Ethernet, and Contact Closure to streamline your operations.
1x VP1421 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch
1x IR Receiver
1x IR Remote Control
4x 3-pole Terminal Blocks
2x 5-pole Terminal Blocks
1x Power Adapter
1x User Instructions
- Analog/Digital AV Matrix Switching:
- Supports multi-format 4 Inputs – 2 HDMI, 1 HDBaseT, and 1 VGA inputs
- 1 HDMI and 1 HDBaseT outputs
- Audio embedding – stereo audio can be embedded into display output or separated to stereo line out and optical audio outputs
- Audio de-embedding – HDMI/HDBaseT audio can be extracted to stereo line out
- Built-in Audio DSP – supports microphone input with selectable 48V Phantom Power and allows microphone input to be mixed with program audio and embedded into display output
- Automatically reduces program audio when a microphone signal is detected
- Auto switching – automatically detects and switches to a new source as soon as it is connected
- High-definition Video with Optimum Output:
- Superior video quality – True 4K resolutions up to 4096 x 2160@60Hz (4:4:4) (HDMI) / 4096 x 2160@60Hz (4:2:0) (HDBaseT)
- Supports 4K HDR
- Scaler – supports video upscaling to 4K for display A and downscaling to 1080p for display B
- EDID Expert™ – automatically selects the optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up, high-quality display, and the best video resolution across connected devices
- HDMI 2.0 (3D, Deep Color, 4K); HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Versatile, Streamlined Operation:
- Multiple control options – flexible control via front-panel pushbuttons, IR remote control, RS-232, and web-based GUI through Ethernet
- View and control via ATEN Video Presentation Control App in a swift and agile way
- Bi-directional RS-232 and IR channel – allows AV device control over HDBaseT connection without additional cabling
- Supports stand-by mode for power saving and fast waking up
- Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) support
- Built-in Contact in and LED out for keypad control using VPK104 Contact Closure Remote Pad
- Extended Transmission over One Cable:
- Long-distance transmission – transmit digital AV signal, bi-directional RS-232, and IR control signals up to 140m* via Cat 6/6a or ATEN 2L-2910 Cat 6 cables
- Power over HDBaseT (POH) – remote powering over existing communication cable with selectable powering device
- Note: This is achieved using both the HDBaseT In and the HDBaseT Out ports on the VP1421, each extending the transmission up to 70m.